A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is frequently the consequence of extreme impact to the head. Here at Fullerton Injury Attorney we comprehend the numerous things which cause brain injury including falls, medical malpractice and vehicle accidents.
Quite a few clients have found assistance for themselves or their loved ones through our brain injury lawyers.
All you've got to do is get in touch with Fullerton Injury Attorney if the or somebody you love has suffered a traumatic brain injury. Our telephone number is 714-752-0997 and we can be called on-line too.
The foremost cause of traumatic brain injuries (TBI) in the United States, are from car accidents.
A brain injury can occur any time a person's head hits a physical object like a car window or whenever the force of an collision causes the brain to move around violently inside skull, with no direct impact. Harm to the brain can occur during the collision, or it can build with time as tissues enlarge and bleed within the head.
Brain injuries have a propensity to occur in side-impact automobile accidents, due to the likelihood of the head hitting the windows. The quantity of brain injuries in a front impact accident is far less due to airbags and seat belts.
Defectively produced airbags have triggered brain hemorrhages and have severed brain stems, among other traumas. These accidents have killed and disabled innocent grown ups and youngsters in crashes in which nobody would have been seriously injured in if the air bag didn't deploy. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reports that because 1990, airbags killed 227 people in low-impact crashes. Passengers both youngsters and adult were killed - 10 grown ups and 119 youngsters. Seventy-six drivers were mortally wounded.
Brain damage or TBI can be caused by medical error produced by medical doctors, hospitals, nurses or other medical providers. The greater part of traumatic brain injuries are caused during having a baby, possibly by a delay in performing a required c-section, difficulties with a vaginal delivery, or a mistake causing a traumatic delivery.
It is unfortunate, however true, that a brain injury can occur even with the best possible heath care treatment. A brain injury can't continually be averted.
You'll find other circumstances, however, in that a brain injury might have been avoided or at best made less severe if suitable measures were taken. These error are considered medical malpractice.
Girls And Boys & Brain Injury
A traumatic brain injury in a boy or girl usually comes from an car collision, bike accident, fall, sporting injury or child abuse. on a yearly basis over 100,000 youngsters with head injuries wind up put in the hospital.
Depending upon the stage of development in your child it can be difficult to diagnose TBI.
It may seem that they're normal after having a TBI however problems show up later in life whenever they can't do simple things like make rational decisions.
Fullerton Injury Attorney can enable you to determine if you have to have litigation because of a TBI to you or a loved one.
Brain Injury Signs And Symptoms
A broad number of signs or symptoms can occur after a brain injury. Below is a list of probable signs or symptoms, that can occur from injury to specific areas of the brain:
Forehead or Frontal Lobe
- Paralysis in various areas of the body
- Not able to accomplish things, like preparing soup, which require several steps
- Loss of spontaneity in interacting with others.
- Loss of flexibility in thinking.
- Persistence of a solitary thought.
- Not able to concentrate on the job at hand
- Changes in mood
- Changes in social behavior.
- Differences in personality.
- Problems with problem solving.
- Language expression problems
Back and top of your head - Parietal Lobe
- Lack of ability to deal with more than one object at any given time.
- Not able to name things
- Lack of ability to find the words for writing.
- Difficulties with reading.
- Drawing problems
- Difficulty in differentiating left from right.
- Difficulty with doing mathematics.
- Unawareness of areas of the body in a way which impacts self care
- Visual focus problems
- Troubles with hand and eye coordination.
Occipital Lobes: most posterior, at the back of the head
- Defects in vision.
- Not able to locate things
- Difficulty with identifying colors.
- Production of hallucinations.
- Not seeing objects correctly
- Word blindness - lack of ability to recognize words.
- Difficulty in recognizing drawn things.
- Recognizing movements of an object are hard
- Writing and reading problems
Side of Head - Above Ears - Temporal Lobes
- Facial recognition problems
- Difficulty in understanding spoken words.
- Difficulties with what is seen and heard
- Difficulty verbalizing and identifying physical objects
- Memory loss - short-term
- Interference with long-term memory.
- Sexual behavior interest level changes
- Cannot categorize things
- Right lobe damage can cause persistent talking.
- Elevated aggressive behavior.
Within the Brain - Brain Stem
- Breathing capacity problems - contributes to speech problems
- Difficulty with organization/perception of the environment.
- Difficulties with movement and balance.
- Nausea and dizziness
- Trouble sleeping
Cerebellum: base of the skull
- Fine movement coordination lost
- Not able to walk
- Reach out and grabbing things no longer is possible
- Slurred Speech.
- Quick movements are difficult
If a loved one has sustained a traumatic brain injury, remember to get in touch with Fullerton Injury Attorney now at 714-752-0997 or e-mail us on-line.